Musical Theatre Initiative and Cabaret
Musical Theatre Initiative & Cabaret
Musical Theatre Initiative & Cabaret Coordinator: Laurie Harrop Purser, Utah Valley University, lharrop-Purser@uvu.edu
- Students wishing to participate in the musical portion must have a faculty member willing to sponsor and coach them. The student must fill out the form found here including the name of their coach.
- For duets both competitors must fill out a form.
- Students will sign in during Festival registration to receive their audition time slot.
- Students may be a part of both the Irene Ryans and the Musical Theatre Initiative but may not use the same piece in the MTI as used in the Ryans. Please note: The new MTI does not change the Ryans in anyway and Ryan nominees may use a Musical Theatre selection for Irene Ryans – just not the same selection.
- Students must bring Sheet Music for their piece placed in plastic sheet protectors with the cutting clearly marked.
- An accompanist will be provided for both the audition and the Cabaret.
- Dancers are asked to fill out a form stating their intent to audition for the dance audition and Cabaret performance. If audition slots are still available dancers (dancers only) may also sign up to audition at festival.
The deadline to sign up for the MTI is January 15!
See you at this year’s Festival’s Musical Theatre Initiative and Cabaret!